Thursday, October 31, 2013

Blog 16

Halloween Interview

This interview was very good practice. It has helped me realize how to conduct a perfect type of interview. One main thing I learned was that I need to branch off of the questions I ask. Sometimes the person may answer with just one word so from there you need to be able to elaborate on the question you just asked. I now know how to be able to make my interview a lot longer.

Also, I learned that it is good to plan the interview because it will give you the framework of the interview. Without planning you may forget the purpose of the interview and specific things you may want to ask.

I realized that location of the interview needs to be quiet so the person being interviewed can be focused and so the technology works properly.

This was also good practice to try out the technology used for recording the interview. I had never used the recording device before so in doing this I was able to try it out and use it properly.

In doing this interview with Marc I was able to learn about how he has celebrated Halloween from when he was a baby until now. I started off asking questions about his first Halloween and what he remembered and liked about it. From their I began to ask about other aspects of Halloween that he experienced as a child. If I was to go back and redo this interview I would try to branch off of his questions a little more than I did to get more information and a longer interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment