Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Blog 17


This research essay is going to focus primarily on the learning strategy known as Applied Behavioral Analysis. The studies conducted will determine whether ABA is a beneficial strategy to use on students with disabilities within the classroom to help improve their learning experience. Through research articles I have learned that ABA is used in many schools around the United States and is usually very helpful in a special needs students education. One research article I have used to help support this essay is called “Implementing Applied Behavior Analysis for Effective Orientation and Mobility Instruction of Students with Multiple Disabilities.” Written by Melanie L. O’Mea. Although I am familiar with how ABA works through researching articles, I have never been able to observe and experience first hand how ABA works and benefits a students learning. That is what I will be discovering throughout this research project. By interviewing a teacher who implements ABA within her classroom I hope to discover exactly how ABA is used, how often it is used, how it effects the students, and if it is a learning strategy that benefits the learning process. Also, through the use of ethnography I hope to take part in the use of ABA within the classroom so I can observe and better understand the importance of ABA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment