Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Blog 15

Research Plan

*Statement of purpose: I hope to discover whether the use of ABA within a classroom improves the learning process and overall  schooling experience for students with special needs. I also hope to discover how it is used and why a teacher may find it an important strategy to use within  the classroom. Lastly, I want to discover what the students are getting out of using this learning strategy.

*Detailed Statement of Research Question: How do special needs students at the kindergarten to fourth grade level benefit from the use of the learning strategy Applied Behavioral Analysis within the classroom?

*Information that needs to be gathered: I need to gather information from the teacher I will be interviewing. For example, things like how she uses ABA in her classroom, is it something she likes to use, does it benefit the education of the students, is their anything negative about ABA..etc. Also I need to gather information from the article I have on ABA. This will help me understand how ABA is used by others as well and if it benefits other students.

*Preliminary list of Sources:
1. Individual being interviewed: Teacher
2. Research Article


*Who/What will you be studying: I will be studying how the teacher uses ABA within the classroom  through observation and the interview. I will also be studying the students in the classroom and how the use of ABA effects their learning process within the classroom.

*Where will you collect your information: I will collect my information in the classroom where the learning strategy is used.

*How many subjects will you be studying: One teacher and about three children in the classroom. 

*What methods will you use to conduct your study: I will us the interview method and possibly discourse analysis. 


No comments:

Post a Comment