Thursday, October 3, 2013

Blog 9

1. Identify your focus.  This is a general statement of what you are interested in
*My focus is mainly special education and the way teachers teach and reinforce their students as well as parents parenting within the home using reinforcement.

 2. Identify your research question:  What in particular do you want to find out?  State your question in as specific terms as you can: the age/identity of your subjects, the location of your study, the particular activities/features you will focus on. 
*Research Question: How do special needs students, at the kindergarten to 1st grade level benefit from the use of the learning strategy, Applied Behavior Analysis in the classroom and at home?

Your research question is really a group of related questions, stated in specific terms, where you narrow in on what in particular you want to learn about in your study.

3. Who has studied this question and what do they say.  For this prompt - mention any article that you have read where researchers have explored answers to your question.  If you can't find any articles - tell me something about what you searched for and what you found (even if it wasn't right).
*I have not found an article yet. Currently in the process. Here are two possibilities



 4.What do I need to find out to answer this question?  This prompt is to help you clarify and deepen your research question.
*I need to find out the specifics of ABA. Who came up with these strategies? How do you initiate these strategies in the classroom and in the home? Do they work and or benefit the students education and life?

 5.  What do I need to do to gather information that will answer my question?
 This prompt is to help you think about how to design your study.  Who will you work with?  Where?  what will you do together?
*I will need to do research online using articles and data bases.
*I will work with my sister who is a elementary school teacher
*I will work with my aunt who has a special needs son
*I will interview both of them regarding the use of ABA

6. What I may need to get started on my project
*I will need to formulate a stronger thesis
*I will need to find an article about my topic

7. What may I need from my professor?
*I may need your help finding an article on my topic, i listed two that may work.
*I may also need feedback on whether or not my topic is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment