Sunday, November 17, 2013

Blog 20


Interview Protocol

Today I will be asking you a few questions regarding your use of the behavioral strategy within your classroom known as Applied Behavioral Analysis. Your knowledge of this topic will benefit my research tremendously so I appreciate your involvement. If throughout the interview you feel uncomfortable at all feel free to let me know and we can stop immediately. The only people that will be seeing this interview will be my faculty advisor and classmates. Again, thank you very much for your help.

*What is your name?

*How old are you?

*What type of degree do you have?

*Where did you attend school to receive your degree in Speech Pathology?

*How many years of schooling did you go through?

*Can you tell me what made you decide to earn a degree as a Speech Pathologist?

*What is your current employment?

*What is the name of the school you are employed at?

*How many children do you teach throughout the day and what grades are they in?

*What types of disabilities do some of your students have?

*Can you tell me about what an average day in your classroom is like?

*Due to some children having disabilities what type of behavioral strategy do you use to ensure the education of the students?

*Where did you learn about and practice the learning strategy known as Applied Behavior Analysis, or ABA?

*Could you give me your definition of ABA?

*Can you tell me why you choose to use this behavioral strategy in your classroom?

*Tell me of a story when a student benefited from ABA?

*What was it like for you when a student began to benefit from the use of this strategy?

*Has there ever been a time ABA hasn’t worked for one of your students? 

*Tell me about what you would do if the strategy didn’t work for a student.

*Do the positives effects of ABA outweigh the negatives, How?

*What type of ABA would you recommend to a parent to use in the home with their child?

*Do you think you will continue to use ABA throughout your career?

No comments:

Post a Comment