Thursday, September 26, 2013

Blog 6

Jottings

*Marc Ennis is wearing a red sweatshirt, jeans, and he says he likes Kean.
*Debra has dark hair, shes from Scotch Plains, very nice, and said she likes to drink alcohol.
*Mark Bergen was wearing a green sweater, he likes to surf in the ocean, he told me I was boring. He was kind of rude.(We were joking)
*The classroom is very talkative at this point, at the beginning it was very awkward and quiet.
*People are laughing.
*I began talking to Megan. She is in a sorority and she says she loves her sisters. She works at the CLS and she commutes.
*I met Angie as well, she is an english writing major, she commutes, we were in the same class last semester.
*Katelynn  said she commutes and lives just in town.
*Emily was also in my creative writing class last semester.

Headnotes
As I sat up to begin the activity in class everyone kind of looked at each other nervously. No one seemed to want to talk to people they didn't know. As the professor began to push us along we all maneuvered out of our seats and began the activity. Everyone was extremely nice while walking around the classroom making conversation. Some people were hesitant to ask questions and others asked many questions. Upon beginning the activity I began talking to people I was more familiar with in the class. Mark Ennis who usually sits right next to me was wearing a red sweatshirt, jeans, and he told me he likes Kean. I then turned to my friend Debra who sits next to me in class. She has dark hair and is from Scotch Plains. I then began talking to another friend of mine, Mark Bergen. He was wearing a green sweater. Mark told me during our conversation that he enjoys surfing and then told me that I was boring because my favorite place to be is home. As I began to talk to other people in the classroom I began to notice that the volume level had gone up and people seemed much more relaxed and having a good time. I then met Megan. She told me she is in a sorority and she loves her sisters very much. Angie told me that she is an english writing major and she commutes to school. Katelynn told me she lives in town and Emily told me she was in my creative writing class semester. I learned a lot about people during this activity and I met many new friends.

Things I remembered Later
*I remembered later that talkative people made better eye contact, those who were more shy made less eye contact.
*I also noticed that many people began talking to people they already knew before getting to know the strangers.
*At the end of the activity people didnt want to stop talking with one another.
*There were many different ethnicities in the class.
*Some people talked loudly, others talked very soft.

Observations about what happened
I observed that many people were very hesitant to getting to know and talk to others. As soon as people began to break out of their shells no one seemed nervous. The energy in the room went up and soon conversation was flowing from everyones mouths. Some talked more then others and some talked way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment